NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The VOR VIP Newport Sweepstakes 2017-18 (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on August 21, 2017 at 12:00:01 am CST and ends on April 1, 2018 at 11:59:59 pm CST (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
1. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Interlux®, a brand of International Paint LLC. 6001 Antoine Dr. Houston, TX USA 77091.
2. Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the Sweepstakes. You agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and you agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by Sponsor, or its designee.
3. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to all residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors, their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and those entities associated with the development, distribution or implementation of this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate.
4. Entry. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person may enter by visiting https://interlux.com/en/us/vor-vip-newport and entering all of the information requested on the electronic entry form. Limit one entry per entrant during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Entries in excess of the limit are void.
All entries become the property of the Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the status of any entry. By entering, a person agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Entries that do not comply with the terms of the Sweepstakes will result in disqualification. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be considered. Entries will be void if electronically or mechanically reproduced, forged, defective, altered or obtained through unauthorized channels or if they contain production, typographical, electronic, mechanical or other errors. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any entry at any time which, in Sponsor’s opinion, is offensive, contains unsuitable material, endangers the safety or well‑being of any person, or if it is determined the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un‑intelligible, garbled, delayed, not visible or misdirected entries; all of which will be void in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. Winner Selection and Prize. On or about April 12, 2018, Sponsor will randomly select four total winners – three (3) Runner-Up Prize (defined below) winners and one (1) Grand Prize (defined below) winner – from all valid Sweepstakes entries throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Each Runner-Up Prize winner and the Grand Prize winner are individually referred to herein as a “Winner” and collectively referred to as the “Winners.”
5a. Runner-Up Prize(s): As used in these Official Rules, a “Runner-Up Prize” means one (1) “team AkzoNobel” Zhik® Shore Jacket. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Runner-Up Prize is $250.00.
5b. Grand Prize: As used in these Official Rules, the “Grand Prize” means, subject to the restrictions and limitations below, a four-day, three-night trip to the Newport, Rhode Island host port stopover of the 2017-2018 Volvo Ocean Race for the Winner and one (1) guest on Friday, May 18, 2018 to Monday, May 21, 2018. The 4-day/3-night trip includes (i) round-trip coach air transportation for 2 people from a major airport in the U.S. nearest the Winner’s home to Newport, Rhode Island – the Winner and the Winner’s guest must travel from one departure location and must travel on the same itinerary; (ii) full cost of hotel accommodation, double occupancy, including breakfast and dinner, for three nights from May 18, 2018 to May 21, 2018; and (iii) transportation to and from the airport, hotel and race village while in Newport. The Grand Prize may also include, subject to the physical fitness of the Winner and Winner’s guest, and subject to any scheduling, availability or weather issues, sailing activities at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
All travel arrangements must be made by Sponsor and travel must take place on dates specified by Sponsor which are subject to change at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a Winner lives within two hundred (200) miles from the event destination described above, the Sponsor may elect to provide the Winner and his/her guest with ground transportation to the hotel, rather than air transportation, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for any difference in prize value. The Winner and his/her guest must be able to travel to the destination on the dates mentioned above, and be prepared to stay for three (3) nights. If the Winner and Winner’s guest are unable or unwilling to travel on the dates specified, the Grand Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. Travel prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of travel service providers. Certain restrictions may apply. The ARV of the Grand Prize is subject to fluctuations in airfare and the value may vary depending on the location of the departure city. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. All other expenses not specified herein, including flight insurance, travel insurance, meals, and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winner. ARV of the Grand Prize is $4,000.
The Runner-Up Prize and the Grand Prize (collectively, the “Prize” or “Prizes”) are not transferable. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes and is not responsible for any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. No substitution or cash redemption of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for the inability of the Winner to accept the Prize or any portion thereof for any reason. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. If the potential Winner is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept the Prize, the potential Winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate winner in a random drawing form remaining eligible entries. If the Prize or any portion thereof cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute such Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor will notify the potential Winner via the contact information provided on their Sweepstakes’ entry form. The potential Winners will be required to contact Sponsor within 5 business days and may be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 14 days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor before accepting the Prize. If a potential Winner cannot be reached or fails to return such documents to Sponsor prior to such deadline, the Prize won may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential Winner may be disqualified, and an alternative Winner may be selected by Sponsor from the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to Winner’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings, or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. In the event that more than one (1) prospective Winners for the Grand Prize are inadvertently named, a drawing will be held among all such potential Winners to select one Winner.
Except where prohibited by law, the Winners also grant Sponsor the right to use each Winner’s submission, full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and online announcements, without further compensation than the said Prize and at no expense to the Winners.
6. Odds. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Many will enter, only one will win.
7. Social Media. The Sweepstakes may be advertised through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (“Social Media”). You understand and acknowledge, however, that the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any Social Media platform on which it is offered or advertised, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You agree to adhere to all rules established by Social Media platforms. Any information you provide for the Sweepstakes is being provided to Sponsor rather any Social Media platform. You fully release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from all claims, losses and harm that you may allege or incur relating to this Sweepstakes.
8. Taxes. By entering, each entrant understands and agrees that if he/she wins the Prize, the entrant is solely responsible for the use, care and maintenance of the Prize, including (without limitation) any and all insurance requirements, licensing requirements, and liability for use. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND BY SPONSOR, AND EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099-MISC to be issued and filed for each recipient who received a prize/award if the annual aggregate is at least $600 or more. If requested by Sponsor, the potential Winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the Winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor will select an alternate Winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries. The Winner should consult his/her tax advisor for the proper tax treatment of this income on his/her tax return.
9. Compliance with Laws. Receipt of the Prize is conditioned upon the entrant’s compliance with these Official Rules and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL WINNER PRIVILEGES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. If any provision of these Official Rules shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
10. Termination: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without notice, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Examples of reasons for termination or modification of the Sweepstakes may include (without limitation) Sponsor’s inability to reasonably or fairly conduct or administer the Sweepstakes due to business changes, viruses, malware, security breaches, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. If Sponsor modifies, cancels, terminates or suspends the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, randomly select Winners from all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Additional Conditions. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, a Winner will forfeit any Prize won and an alternate winner will be selected based on the judging criteria. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation or award of the Prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any Winner(s) or Prize(s). If for any reason Sponsor is unable to run this Sweepstakes as planned, or if any computer or web site associated with this Sweepstakes does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and the processing of entries per these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to judge the entries and to award the Prize from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation by a random drawing. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part should a cause or event beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, fairness, proper play or conduct of the Sweepstakes making continuation as planned impossible.
By entering, each entrant understands and acknowledges that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, the Zhik brand or any person or entity aside from Sponsor. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
12. Release and Hold Harmless. By entering THIS SWEEPSTAKES, THE ENTRANT HEREBY agrees to release, INDEMNIFY and hold harmless SPONSOR, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated entities, and each of their directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any damage, injury, expense, cost, death, loss, claim, action, demand, or other liability that may arise in connection with the SWEEPSTAKES, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF SPONSOR OR NOT, INCLUDING ALL CLAIMS OR THREATENED CLAIMS RELATING TO (A) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (B) ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE); (C) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND; (D) PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY; OR (E) ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PROCESSING OF ENTRIES.
13. Disputes: All disputes arising out of or relating in any way to this Agreement, including disputes involving the parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates of any Party to this Agreement, shall be resolved exclusively by binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW; THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IS BEING WAIVED) in accordance with the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA Rules”). The arbitration shall be conducted in the English language in Chicago, Illinois, by three (3) arbitrators. If three (3) arbitrators are appointed, one (1) shall be chosen by each Party and the third shall be chosen in accordance with the procedures set forth in the AAA Rules. If, after exchange of the notice of arbitration and the notice of response, it appears that all claims combined do not exceed $500,000, the Party appointed arbitrators shall be compensated for time spent, if any, and dropped from the proceeding and the proceeding shall continue before a single arbitrator. The arbitrators, by accepting an appointment, undertake to exert their best efforts to conduct the process so as to issue an award within twelve months of the appointment of the last arbitrator. The arbitrators shall decide the dispute in accordance with the law governing this Agreement and the award may be entered and enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction.
15. Winners List/Official Rules. To obtain a list of the Sweepstakes Winner(s) and Official Rules, visit https://interlux.com/en/us/vor-terms-and-conditions.
Find the best products to keep your boat in great condition
Get all the support you need to paint with confidence
Benefit from our continuous innovation and scientific expertise